I wanted to share with you all a unique experience that although I am late at posting about it (blame life) it’s something that can be done anytime. Back in February I got to do something I had never done before in my life – a boudoir shoot. A couple of boss babes that I know hosted a pop-up boudoir shoot in their home and I quickly jumped on the opportunity. I must admit, I wasn’t as nervous as I thought I would be, since I made the decision to turn any fears (or complexes) I had into pure excitement! I left the shoot feeling like a million bucks and I promised myself that I would let all my confidence-seeking ladies know about it. If you haven’t done a boudoir photo shoot before, this is a MUST.
5 Reasons why I think every woman should do a Boudoir shoot!
- It makes you feel sexy. I must admit even though my boo was going to be the one receiving these pictures, this really became more of a gift for myself! I loved getting my makeup done and putting on lingerie and being one with all my perfect imperfections. The photographer walked me through certain poses and it felt like I was channeling my inner Rihanna for a quick second.
- It helped me appreciate my body for all that it is. When I saw the pictures I was like DAMN THAT GIRL SHOULD BE ON AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL. But in all seriousness, the setting and the poses helped me to find my groove and find positions that flattered me the most. The pictures were beautiful and most importantly I fell in love just a tad bit more with my true self.
- Girl Power. I must admit, I wouldn’t have felt as comfortable and empowered if it weren’t all the females around me. Believe it or not, you build connections with every person around you and it’s a dope feeling!
- Owning it! Doing this shoot really helped me push myself to own my sexuality and not be ashamed of it. Towards the end of the shoot, I had become so comfortable I was asking the photographer “Did you get this side?”, “What about this side?” 😉
- I came out of the shoot feeling confident AF. This shoot made me see that even though i’m working out like crazy and I don’t have 3D abs (yet), there is beauty in the process. I honestly can’t wait for my next shoot! (want to read more about confidence? check out this post)
I want to take the time to thank Charly & Cortney for hosting this pop-up! They made the whole process so smooth and had me feeling super comfortable. You babes rock! I can’t wait for the next pop up photoshoot, and to all my ladies reading this post–get in touch with me via Instagram or my website to get the scoop on the next photoshoot!